Mozzarella and Tomato Appetizer
24 long cocktail toothpicks
48 cherry or grape tomatoes, rinsed and dried
6 thin slices prosciutto, each cut into quarters
24 bite-size marinated mozzarella balls*
24 fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- Thread each toothpick with: one tomato, 1/4 of a slice of prosciutto folded into a small square, one mozzarella ball, one basil leaf (folded if it is large), and one more tomato.
- Arrange appetizers on a serving platter. Drizzle with your favorite Italian salad dressing.
7 Layer Taco Dip
1 (1 pound) package Bob Evans® Original Roll Sausage
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chilies
1 large tomato, diced
1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 (11 ounce) jar salsa
- In large skillet over medium heat, crumble and cook sausage until browned. Stir in beans, chilies and taco seasoning mix. Spread sausage mix into 7 x 11 serving dish. Top with sour cream then salsa. Sprinkle olives, tomato and onion on top. Cover with cheese. Serve immediately with chips. Refrigerate leftovers.
All Day Meatballs
1 cup milk
3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over the mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place in a slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the ketchup, water, vinegar and sugar; mix well. Pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the meat is no longer pink.
Amazing Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Shrimp
1 quart vegetable oil for frying
32 peeled and deveined medium shrimp, tail-on
1 (4 ounce) can pickled jalapeno peppers, cut into slivers
16 slices bacon, cut in half
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut the shrimp along the back, nearly through to the front. Stuff each shrimp with a sliver of jalapeno, then wrap with half a slice of bacon. Secure with a toothpick. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Cook the shrimp in batches in the hot oil until the bacon is crispy and golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate before serving.
Hot Ham and Swiss Dip
1 pound thinly sliced deli ham, sliced into thin strips
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into cubes
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
2 (1 pound) loaves cocktail rye bread
- In a slow cooker, combine the ham, cream cheese, cream of mushroom soup and cream of celery soup. Stir in the Swiss cheese. Cover, and cook on Low until cheese is melted, about 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve on cocktail rye slices.